Friday 24 August 2018

Why I have returned to blogging

Almost three years have elapsed since my last blog post in November 2015; what then has prompted me to return to blogging? The reason that my blog ceased was in essence threefold; a lack of issues which I was particularly inspired to write about, a personal dissatisfaction with the quality of what I was writing, and a lack of available time to contribute to the blog. It is not that there was an absence of issues within Christianity and evangelicalism which needed addressed (indeed it has been stated by some that the church today is in a worse state than it was prior to the reformation), but rather that my motivation to write was not there, and I had written on many of the things that were on my mind. However, as is the case in the history of the church, the same issues raise their head again and again, and the church is presented with new challenges and questions. Once again I have a desire to comment on some of these issues, hopefully making some small contribution to biblical clarity on the matters which the Christian church faces today.

My blog will, for the main part, continue to be polemical in nature, at times addressing issues particular to the religious sphere here in Northern Ireland, and on other occasions dealing with larger global trends within Christianity. On some occasions it may be general, and on others it may be very specific, with mention of particular individuals. Although the naming of false teachers is often unpopular, and must be done carefully and appropriately, it does find biblical precedent with the apostle Paul in 1st Timothy.

As regards the quality of what is posted on my blog, that will be for others to decide; messages received even in the three years that the blog has been inactive have shown that there have been those who have found articles beneficial, enough at least for me to consider reviving it. When it comes to the third issue of whether I have time to contribute to the blog, that is something which I do not know, and which only time will tell.

For those who are friends with me on Facebook my blog posts will now mainly be shared via a Facebook page created specifically for this purpose, with only some articles being shared on my personal page. Search for Protestant Standard on Facebook and like the page to keep up to date, and also follow the blog on Twitter via the handle @ProdStandard.

No comments:

Post a Comment